Lindsay Oxford has been a Social Media and Digital Communications professional since 2006.
Director of Strategic Communications, California Farm Water Coalition; Sacramento, California—April 2015-Present
• Creates social media, website, and media responses for a statewide agricultural nonprofit.
• Administers a $22,000 budget for social media advertising, blogger education tours, and other promotions.
• Develops editorial calendars and marketing strategies designed to garner attention while maintaining consistent voice and dignified tone.
• Has increased follower counts on all social media platforms, including a 67 percent increase in Instagram followers.
Social Media Consultant, January 2014-April 2015
• Created content and acts as social media point-of-contact for small business owners
• Drafted marketing plans to ensure relevant content
• Interpreted analytics to best focus clients’ attention
• Trained clients in social media best practices
Social Media Student Assistant, San José State University School of Library and Information Science; Sacramento, CA — May 2014-December 2014
• Created content for School Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest accounts
• Responded to online inquiries
• Analyzed data for monthly user engagement reports
Social Media Coordinator, California State Parks; Sacramento, CA — October 2006-December 2013
• Coordinated department’s social media program:
• Created content for Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, and Tumblr
• Oversaw policy, content creation, account setup and best practices for three dozen account admins and seventy-plus accounts statewide
• Wrote, revised, and guided social media through complicated state approval processes
• Led biannual staff social media trainings and one-on-one consultations
• Designed and assembled a 16-page newsletter six times per year, in addition producing multi-page documents for special events and meetings throughout the year
San José State University, California — Masters, Library and Information Science, 2014
University of California, Davis, California — Bachelor of Arts, History, 2004
Graphic Communications: Advanced-level courses in InDesign and Photoshop. Introductory courses in Illustrator, Acrobat, and design principles.
Fostering and Transportation, NorCal Beagle Rescue, 2011-Present
Communications and Acting President, alt+library, Sacramento Public Library, 2012-2014